Sunday, April 1, 2012

The Race

Today was the half Marathon in Santa Cruz. The weather was excellent. I was feeling pumped. I forgot my stopwatch, but was not going to let that stop me. We warmed up before and I felt great until mile 9 and 10. I ran the whole time and slowed down and sped up depending on how I was feeling. My goal was 2:25 and I finished in 2:13. So excited! I got a fatty burrito and chips and salsa. I have been relaxing all day and I just feel so good. I am encouraged to continue to lose weight and run farther distances. Possibly an 18 miler with my sis in May. I also weighed in on Friday this week and was 156.2. That is my lowest weigh-in weight thus far. I am excited for what is to come. I have 2 1/2 months for Spain. I want to be 146. Let's see if I can do it.

2 comments:

  1. I know you can do it darling. You are unstoppable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks husband. You are so encouraging. I love how supportive you are!

    ReplyDelete