Saturday, March 3, 2012

The 10k

Today I ran a 10k the fastest I have ever run before. It was amazing. To start it off my husband, who had worked until two in the morning, came to support me. I got my bib and did a bit of warming up to Ismael's insistence. When the race started, I ran at a slow comfortable pace and once I felt warm i started to push myself. The race was at the place I always run at, so I knew the course very well. This helped because I knew how long it would be until the end. I shadowed a girl for a good 2 miles until she stopped. I finished at 56:44 which is like a 9:38 minute mile, which is the fastest I have EVER run. I felt amazing. I am so excited to train for my upcoming half marathon. I have never felt healthier.

1 comment:

  1. That's exciting! I am running a 5k in May and would love to one day run a 10k too. congrats! I love your blog its really nice :)

    needlesandwool.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete